Saturday, May 26, 2018
• Self-talk is about becoming, not living.
• Self-talk is about attachments, not freedom.
• Self-talk is about rewriting stories, not living your life.
• Self-talk is about judging and rating, not accepting and forgiving.
• Self-talk is about appearing to be something, not living as an unseeable, untrappable, and untraceable being.
Posted by Kevin Evertt FitzMaurice, M.S. at 5:45 PM
Friday, May 25, 2018
• If poverty causes crime, then do riches cause virtue?
• If poverty causes crime, then do riches keep people crime free?
• If poverty causes crime, then why are many poor people honest and virtuous?
• There is more crime among the rich than the poor; the difference is that the rich legalize many of their crimes and manage to cover the others.
• There is more cheating, lying, and stealing among the rich than the poor; the difference is how well it is covered by bribes, conventions, class, customs, deals, diplomacy, exchanges, fame, fortune, laws, manners, paying your dues, positions, privileges, procedures, recognition, regulations, secrets, social standing, status, style, titles, and trades.
Posted by Kevin Evertt FitzMaurice, M.S. at 11:30 PM
Thursday, May 24, 2018
• Self-talk must first reify you to talk about you.
• Self-talk must first thingify you to talk about you.
• Self-talk must first dehumanize and demean you to talk about you.
• Self-talk must first concretize and hypostatize you to talk about you.
• Self-talk must first turn you into a thought-object or thought-thing in order to talk about you.
Posted by Kevin Evertt FitzMaurice, M.S. at 11:21 PM
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
• Change your identity and change your life.
• Human identity has the greatest impact on human feelings, thoughts, and behaviors.
• The solution to all personal problems is to regain and hold onto your right identity as a container, host, and vessel.
• The cause of all personal problems is holding onto your wrong identities as self-concepts, self-images, and self-stories.
• Only ego claims that you are composed of becomings, characteristics, classifications, concepts, definitions, diagnoses, habits, histories, images, labels, narratives, profiles, scripts, stories, talk, things, thoughts, traits, and/or types.
Posted by Kevin Evertt FitzMaurice, M.S. at 10:17 PM
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
• How can I do good without the good doing the good through me?
• How can I know the good without the good knowing the good through me?
• How can I serve the good but the good first chooses me to serve the good?
• How can I work for the good if the good does not first hire me to work for the good?
• How can I share and spread the good if the good does not first share the good with me?
Posted by Kevin Evertt FitzMaurice, M.S. at 11:06 PM
Monday, May 21, 2018
• Mental categories are hierarchical in nature; however, if yours are not, get tested for dementia.
• The top of all categorical structures is the category of God, which is why atheists resort to pantheism and the worship of Nature and/or the Universe.
• Triage is the medical principle of providing care based on a hierarchy of needs, for example, treating an injured heart is more important than treating an injured toe.
• Evolution, the favorite game and toy of many, has no meaning or purpose without a hierarchical structure and force.
• Science uses hierarchical organizations and structures to catalog and organize, for example, biology uses them for organizing species of animals and plants.
Posted by Kevin Evertt FitzMaurice, M.S. at 10:05 PM
Sunday, May 20, 2018
• What is the self? What or who is asking that question and what or who is listening to that question?
• If the self is dreams, experiences, and memories, then what or who is having and reacting to those?
• If the self is concepts and images, then does the self pass away when those concepts and images pass away?
• If the self is the body, then what or who is aware of and conscious of the body and what or who is receiving and reacting to the body’s experiences?
• If the self is awareness or consciousness, then what or who is receiving the meaning or significance that, that awareness or consciousness is having and sharing?
Posted by Kevin Evertt FitzMaurice, M.S. at 9:24 PM