- I must be good, but I have neither the desire nor means of my own to be good.
- I must follow God’s will, but I have neither the desire nor means of my own to follow God’s will.
- I must stay on the narrow path, but I have neither the desire nor means of my own to stay on the narrow path.
- I must practice all of God’s teaching, but I have neither the desire nor means of my own to practice any of God’s teachings.
- Miserable creature that I am because I know better than myself and following my own nature, and still I follow foolish destruction with all my effort if not drawn of God against my nature and will.
© 2026 by Kevin Everett FitzMaurice. Daily quotations cover topics crucial to your emotional and behavioral health, including emotional and psychological skills, psychotherapy, psychology, philosophy, spirituality, General Semantics, Eastern psychology and philosophy, meditation, flow, social commentary, responsibility, authenticity, identity, and the self. Visit https://kevinfitzmaurice.com or Amazon and Google Play for Kevin's 76 books in ebook, paperback, hardback, and audiobook formats.
Thursday, July 30, 2026
I Cannot Do Good: 07-30-2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment